With awareness we can help save our planet.
Did you know that tiny mircobeads are present in so many beauty products and that they are ruining our environment? These cheap plastic tiny microbeads are used heavily in beauty products like face scrubs, body scrubs, soap, toothpaste and makeup among.
In one cleansing product for example, you might find thousands of tiny microbeads which end up in the ocean vanishing down through your sink and bath slowly but surely we are ruining our environment, our marine life and our oceans. We are killing fish and shellfish they eat these microbeads thinking they are food.
It is now, as consumer, you need to react! Take action! Look at your beauty products see if they contain microbeads. Right now internationally there’s a huge debate going on as we become aware of the dangerous of microbeads as to whether they should be allowed in cosmetics or not. In Denmark today, where I write from, no legal restrictions or ban have been enforced.
I am happy to report you in USA; Obama has already banned and enforced a law prohibiting use of microbeads in cosmetics effective mid 2017. Last September the UK was even faster when, within days, a total ban was enforced. Effective end 2017. Even the Australians are having issues.
I hope together with our consciousness and awareness we will stop buying cosmetic products containing microbeads – as of today. In my personal opinion we need a total ban worldwide now. As much as I love my cosmetic industry, using micro plastic beads is a No Go. I know my industry’s use of mircobeads has to do with cheap price.
To help you, as consumer out there, you should look for natural alternatives like jojoba beads, apricot kernels, ground nutshell, sugar and salt. Probably beauty products you find in the natural cosmetic segment. Check out the best holo nail polishes available. Act now save our environment, our oceans and our marine life.
Ban the beads.
- How to do holographic nails without powder?
- How to remove cuticles without bleeding
- What nail polish colour should I wear with navy blue dress?
- What nail colour goes best with a red dress?
- What nail polish colour to match lavender dress?
- What colour nail polish do you wear with black dress?
- Get the Perfect Mani-Pedi with These Hot Fall 2018 Nail Colours
- 24 Types of Nail Polish Finishes to Try
- What Is the Holographic Nails Trend and Why Is It So Popular?
- Why are some surgery patients asked to remove their nail polish?
- What nail colour to wear at my wedding?
- How do you make holographic nail polish?