Holographic Sparkling Nails
You might think using holographic nail powder is best way to get attractive holo nail polish.
Lots of you tubers show you best way to do holographic nails using nail holo pigment powder.
It’s messy to tap loose nail holo pigment powder with a brush on top of base coat.
Often you end up with holo powder all over your skin and cuticles.
If you tried it, you know what I mean!
You really need to know what you are doing.
Not easy to do, I’m telling you.
On top you need to cure holo pigment powder on your nails with a UV lamp.
To cure nails under the UV lamp takes at least 60 sec.
Why mess with holo powder like that…
Easy holo nails.
Use regular nail polish with holo pigment build into nail polish.
Yes, it sounds weird.
Really what you want is sparkling holographic nails, right.
Let me explain.
“Holo pigment powder itself is grey powder”
Wow you might think, grey.
Yes, it’s grey and very difficult to work with.
Lots of regular nail polish brands struggle to make holo polishes.
Let me explain why.
If they add too little grey holo pigment powder (it’s powder you add into nail polish) you gain no holographic sparkle.
For you as consumer it means you see some holo sparkle on your nails but not a lot. Ouch! Not really want you are looking for in a linear holo nail polish.
Some brands call this a holo top coat.
On the other hand if they add too much grey holo pigment powder into nail polish. Polish goes dull.
When you as consumer apply to your nails, your nails get a dull grey look.
Not something you like either, I guess. Not very trendy.
It’s the very reason a lot of regular nail polish brands fail to make really sparkling linear holographic nail polishes.
In production process to add right amount of holo pigment powder into polish is so complicated.
Because the powder itself is grey it is difficult to get right amount of powder.
I’m telling you it’s super difficult to do.
But there is a secret formula. Not everyone knows.
- Step 1: Apply water based base coat (takes longer to dry)
- Step 2: Two layers of linear holo nail polish (make sure each layer dries well)
- Step 3: Use top coat to seal holo nail polish.
I will add here…
Linear holo nail polish is easy to scratch. Why it’s best you apply a top coat on top.
You seal holo pigments.
Hope this help you get beautiful stunning linear holo nails at home.
Go rock your nails.
Ready to buy holographic nail polishes.
- How to do holographic nails?
- How to remove cuticles without bleeding
- What nail polish colour should I wear with navy blue dress?
- What nail colour goes best with a red dress?
- What nail polish colour to match lavender dress?
- What colour nail polish do you wear with black dress?
- Get the Perfect Mani-Pedi with These Hot Fall 2018 Nail Colours
- 24 Types of Nail Polish Finishes to Try
- What Is the Holographic Nails Trend and Why Is It So Popular?
- Why are some surgery patients asked to remove their nail polish?
- What nail colour to wear at my wedding?
- How do you make holographic nail polish?