No doubt summertime is pedicure time.
If you suffer from ingrown toe nails you know how hurtful it is.
I used to live in Seychelles obviously due to the great weather conditions and the heat I mostly wore sandals but closed shoes and especially pumps for evenings started to become a huge problem to me. Pointed pumps used to cause me immense problems on my left toenail with an ingrown toenail. It was so hurtful and I had a great amount of infections and bleeding on that toenail.
I used to dip my feet in the salt water in the sea to have relief and cool down. I started always wearing a piece of cotton under the edge of the toenail for prevention. It could help me on/off. But no way it took the problem away.
They say proper trimming is the best way to prevent ingrown nails. I am not sure. Today my son also suffers from ingrown nails on both his toenails. We regular see a podiatrist. Even if she uses a nail rasp to smooth the edge of the nail along the nail groove and the right cutting of the nail straight across, the problem seems to come back.
I am a firm believer we simply have too much skin on the edge of the toenail and the toenail lays too deep inside the skin.
In Seychelles after much stress and pain I found an Indian doctor who cut the side away so the edge is completely straight now. I have never had the problem again. I am about to get the same done for my son.
- How to remove cuticles without bleeding
- What nail polish colour should I wear with navy blue dress?
- What nail colour goes best with a red dress?
- What nail polish colour to match lavender dress?
- What colour nail polish do you wear with black dress?
- Get the Perfect Mani-Pedi with These Hot Fall 2018 Nail Colours
- 24 Types of Nail Polish Finishes to Try
- What Is the Holographic Nails Trend and Why Is It So Popular?
- Why are some surgery patients asked to remove their nail polish?
- What nail colour to wear at my wedding?
- How do you make holographic nail polish?
- How to save money and time on nails?