Confused which nail polish colour to wear with your black dress.
After your last break-up, it took you a long time to get back into the dating scene. You were so nervous because you were with your ex for over three years and it just didn’t work out the way you thought it would, yet you were comfortable around him and you knew what to expect.
However, your new escort is a new presence in your life, and you want to impress him.
You just know you can not go wrong with a little black dress, but you are sure how to style your nails.
Here are more nail colour ideas when wearing black outfit.
Is white polish the perfect choice for all black dresses? Of course, not! It all depends on the event and the style you want to convey.
Different Events and Different Moods
You may be planning on wearing a satin, flowing ensemble to host a brunch for your best friend’s baby shower, or you may be considering an appropriate power suit for a crucial meeting at work. What do both outfits have in common?
They are both basic black, but they couldn’t be more different. You wouldn’t wear the same shoes and jewelry to both events, so you should also change up your nails depending on the dress’s style and the occasion.
Nudes and Whites
White nails and a black frock will always ring as classic and refined. The color complements the dress without detracting from it and works well with subtle make-up, such as light pink gloss and silver-tinged eyeshadow.
You can try a solid white or an irridescent hue that is reminiscent of pearl, or any other pastel creme. You can even add a touch of grey in the mix to off-set the severity of the black in the dress, or jazz it up with a silver holographic if you feel that grey is too plain.
Shades of Red
Something Completely Different
Sometimes a bold manicure can really bring out the life in your simple little black dress. If you like taking style risks, truly any color can match a black dress except for black itself.
Perhaps bold yellows may distract from your outfit, but sometimes a simple lavender, electric blue, or mint green can add personality to an otherwise common wardrobe staple. After all, almost everyone would default to a red or pink hue.
Just think, no one ever said that all 20 nails had to match!
Inspired – get your new nail polish today for the black dress.
- What nail colour goes best with a red dress?
- What nail polish colour to match lavender dress?
- What colour nail polish do you wear with black dress?
- Get the Perfect Mani-Pedi with These Hot Fall 2018 Nail Colours
- 24 Types of Nail Polish Finishes to Try
- What Is the Holographic Nails Trend and Why Is It So Popular?
- Why are some surgery patients asked to remove their nail polish?
- What nail colour to wear at my wedding?
- How do you make holographic nail polish?
- How to save money and time on nails?
- 3 free mindful natural tips for hands and nails
- Why is nailyoga good for you?